University Bachelor’s of Technology (B.U.T.) in Statistics and Business Intelligence
The University Bachelor’s of Technology (B.U.T) in Statistics and Business Intelligence (STID) allows students to acquire knowledge and develop skills related to building quantitative indicators and using statistical analysis tools for decision-making processes.
The program prepares graduates to enter the field of data science by using a multidisciplinary technological approach focused on applied mathematics, information technology and tools used for understanding business environments (management tools, project management, economics, etc.). Emphasis is also placed on written and oral communication, and learning English for scientific and professional purposes.
The B.U.T. in Statistics and Business Intelligence, which lasts three years, can be done in the standard format or as part of a work-study program (from the 2nd year).
Specializations and Objectives
In addition to the general skill set, students of the program will acquire specialization-specific skills.
In the second year, students of the B.U.T. in Statistics and Business Intelligence can choose from between 2 specializations :
- Data Science: Statistic Exploration and Modelling
- Data Science: Visualization and Design of Decision-Making Tools
Shared skills for both specializations :
- Collecting, validating and structuring relevant data in large data warehouses
- Using statistical analysis tools for decision-making processes
- Developing quantitative and performance indicators
- Organizing, using and synthesizing data
- Choosing a statistical model to highlight the main connections among variables
- Developing programs to serve statistical analysis needs, reporting needs and the need to visualize data
- Contributing to the creation of business intelligence solutions
- Contributing to the creation of studies and surveys, and to relevant statistical analyses
- Identifying and implementing statistical processes and appropriate data mining procedures to respond to the needs of decision makers and managers
- Presenting results orally and in writing
- Communicating with field experts
- Understanding the structure, operations and strategic objectives of a company
- Adapting to an international environment
What can I do with the B.U.T. ?
The University Bachelor’s of Technology (B.U.T) in Statistics and Business Intelligence prepares students to enter the world of business and graduates can start working immediately. Students who wish to further their studies can move on to a master’s program in business intelligence or applied mathematics, or attend an Engineering School or a specialized business school.
Due to the boom in data collection and the need to process it, statistics and data science are at the center of contemporary issues. Accessible to high school graduates, the B.U.T. in Statistics and Business Intelligence is the only program to combine statistics (investigations, surveys, statistical studies, data mining, etc.) and business intelligence (database management, control panels, reporting software, data visualization techniques, etc.). Students of this program have virtually zero competition when searching for internships, apprenticeships or employment once they graduate. The University Bachelor’s of Technology (B.U.T) in Statistics and Business Intelligence allows them to work in data science relative to statistics, decision making, management and marketing functions in any type of business or institution regardless of sector (sports, opinion polls, insurance, banking, telecommunications, healthcare, music, media, environment, research, geomarketing, etc.).
How to apply to the B.U.T.
A common application process for all candidates: www.parcoursup.fr
The B.U.T. is a selective program and recruitment is based on candidates’ application and potentially an interview. The main selection criteria involve candidates’ motivations. A satisfactory and consistent academic record is also required. On the Parcoursup platform, you can find program-specific criteria, general criteria for all programs and characteristics of the program.
Find more information on the program’s web page on the Université Paris Cité website.