University Diploma in French Language and Culture (DU FLaViC)
The University Diploma in French Language and Culture (DU FLaViC) is a program designed for people with migrant statuses such as refugees, asylum seekers and beneficiaries of subsidiary protection.
The Diploma has received support from the DRJSCS of Ile-de-France and companies such as BNP Paribas and Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF).
This program is only available in the traditional format
- Teaching students French as a foreign language so they can obtain a B2 level (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Developing teamwork skills with a multicultural group
- Learning about the French social, economic and legal environment
- Obtaining qualifications to pursue higher education or enter the workforce
The program’s 350 hours are divided as follows :
- Module 1: French for Professional Purposes (140 hrs. split into: 70 hrs. of listening comprehension and oral production, and 70 hrs. of written comprehension and written expression)
- Module 2: French Economy, Legal Systems and Society (50 hrs.)
- Module 3: Communication Techniques through the Theater (project to encourage public speaking) (60 hrs.)
- Module 4: Discovering Associations in France (sociocultural project including onsite visits, studies, etc.) (40 hrs.)
- Module 5: Collective intercultural seminars (2 weeks, i.e. 6 days of classes, 30 hrs.)
- Module 6: Personal Professional and University Project (PPUP), which is in the form of assistance to determine the pathway for further studies (10 hrs.) and personalized individual sessions to enter academic studies per discipline of study (20 hrs. per student with a teacher from the chosen discipline).
How to Apply ?
Please send any questions to the following contacts :